Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I feel like a curmudgeon

Someone wrote on Facebook:

"I just got a call and I have a job interview [omitted] on tuesday at 9! Start Praying if this is meant to be it will happen!!!!"

So, you're saying that if you don't get the job, it's God's fault because he didn't want you to have it. Is that your way of absolving yourself from sucking? That's mean. I know this person. She's pretty much a straight shooter and a hard worker, and I really do want her to get this job. However, I hate the "God will open doors for you if it's his will" crap. No, that isn't what the Bible teaches. If you want a door to open, then you walk up to it and you open it. That's it. Pray for people, thank God when good things happens, but don't look for magical signs that something is God's will or not. You have free will for a reason. Use it.

Theological nincompoops make me crazy and I don't even blame them totally for it. I blame preachers with no education or understanding of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment